Are you interested in becoming an instructor? As an AHA Training Center for BLS, ACLS and PALS we hold open enrollment instructor classes in February, June, and October each year for those looking to become an AHA Instructor. There are several considerations prior to making the commitment to attend an instructor course.
- Prior to registering for the instructor course(s), you must be preapproved by our Training Center. You can begin the approval process by completing the Instructor Interest Form below.
- There are several prerequisites prior to registering for and attending the instructor course. All instructor candidates must be at least 18 years old. An instructor candidate must hold current AHA Provider certification for the discipline they are seeking instructor status for. For those would would like to instruct ACLS or PALS classes, you must hold a healthcare professional certification (RN, Paramedic, RT, MD, DO, etc.) Other healthcare titles and occupations can be approved on a case-by-case basis after discussion with our Training Center Coordinator and Senior Training Center Faculty.
- There is a significant financial investment in becoming an instructor. In addition to the fees for the instructor course, there are required course materials and equipment investments before offering your first course.
- ACLS and PALS instructors must also hold BLS Instructor certification, or be willing to obtain BLS Instructor certification aligned with our Training Center prior to becoming an ACLS or PALS instructor.
- Our Training Center is Nationwide for BLS/ACLS/PALS (TC ID FL20945) and have instructors located in numerous states; however, most of our Instructor Courses are held at our corporate office in Pensacola, FL.
- Once you have completed the respective Instructor Course(s), instructor candidates must be successfully monitored by our Training Center Faculty prior to receiving their final Instructor Certification and serving as an actual instructor.
Please complete the interest form below for more information on the process and requirements for an instructor certification.